Waste & Recycling
Garbage / Yard Waste Pickup
Garbage and Yard waste pickup up is on Friday.
- Any residential multi unit property must have a contract with Roy Strom for waste collection in accordance with village ordinance 18-0-5.
- Yard waste (grass, shrub clippings, etc.) need to be put in front, on the parkway in paper bags, or containers no larger than 33 gallons.
- No plastic will be picked up!
- Tree branches or limbs three inches in diameter and smaller need to be cut into three foot lengths bundled and placed on the parkway for pickup. Branches larger than three inches in diameter are to be put in the alley.
- Single family home: $54.75 for three months
- Two unit building: $109.50 for three months
Minimum Garbage and Water Bill:
1 unit $121.15 2 units $175.90
Find out more information on the water billing on the water department page.
Commercial & Mixed use BUILDINGS
Commercial and Mixed use buildings are required to secure waste removal services of their choosing with a minimum 1.5 yard container.
Construction/building material, tires or hazardous waste will not be picked up by the village. Call Roy Strom at 708-344-5000 for disposal.
Glass, plastic and paper recycling bins are located on 59th Street by the Municipal Garage.
Electronics Collection Site Now Open
Communities and Residents who have been looking for a solution to their e-waste problems have just been given some great news!
Find out more about Roy Strom on the Roy Strom website.